- The United States is expected to announce “substantial” financial assistance to Ukraine on Tuesday, to help deal with the damage caused by Russia to these energy infrastructures, on the sidelines of a meeting of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) in Romania, senior American officials announced on Monday. This help “will be substantial and it’s not over”one of the senior officials, speaking on condition of anonymity, told reporters.
- Washington says Moscow did not justify adjournment of Cairo nuclear disarmament meetingpostponed indefinitely. “We haven’t received a real response from the Russians explaining why they postponed it”said John Kirby, spokesman for the White House National Security Council. Washington had said in November that it hoped for a meeting “constructive”despite the conflict in Ukraine, in order to “reduce risk”.
- Two Ukrainian companies awarded by the opera world. Two Ukrainian companies were rewarded “for their courage and resistance” facing the war in their country, during the International Opera Awards, world opera prizes awarded Monday evening in Madrid.
- Macron is in the United States, where he wants to advance on Ukraine with Biden. Emmanuel Macron has arrived in Washington for his second state visit, where he hopes to take the opportunity to push his diplomatic plea on the war in Ukraine.
- In southern Ukraine, Mykolaiv suffered a new attack on its water supply siteannounced its mayor, Oleksandr Senkevich, on Monday on Telegram.
- The European Union will sanction the circumvention of the sanctions adopted against Russia. European governments have adopted ” unanimously “ the decision to consider ” a crime ” the violation of European sanctions, specified the communicated of the Czech Presidency of the Council of the EU.
- Russian warships have been spotted in the Black Sea, the Sea of Azov and the Mediterranean Sea, according to kyiv. According to the Ukrainian navy, eleven combat ships, including a missile cruiser, are positioning themselves in preparation for future attacks. The Ukrainian president had already warned against new Russian bombardments.
Find our direct from yesterday by clicking on this link.
Read all our articles, analyzes and reports on the war in Ukraine
Reportage. In Poland, cross-border commuters continue aid to Ukraine but inflation weighs on their efforts
Reportage. In Bakhmout, the eyes wide open of drones in the butchery of war
Testimonials. In Ukraine, five women talk about their daily life with little electricity and heating: “Soon the cold will come, maybe snow. What will we do ? »
Video. The images of mothers and wives of Russian soldiers questioning Vladimir Putin on the fate of their loved ones
Narrative. After nine months of war in Ukraine, Russian forces are on the defensive
Factual. Nine months of war in Ukraine in one map: how much territory did Russia invade and then cede?
Factual. The answers of the “World” to your most frequently asked questions