- The European Union (EU) will “intensify its efforts, including with partners, to restore electricity and heating for the civilian population” in UkraineEuropean Commission President Ursula von der Leyen said on Friday after a phone call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky. In particular, transformers and generators from EU member countries will be delivered ” as soon as possible “. Finland also announced equipment donations from companies in the energy sector.
- Fifteen civilians were killed and 35 injured on Friday in a Russian bombardment of the city of Kherson in southern Ukraine, said an official from the city, from which Moscow troops recently withdrew.
- More than 6 million homes in Ukraine were affected by power cuts on Friday, two days after massive Russian bombings against the country, announced Volodymyr Zelensky.
- Voluntary evacuations offered to residents of the recently liberated port city of Kherson took place on Friday, the first train carrying 100 people, the Ukrainian government said. The train is bound for the western town of Khmelnytsky, according to Ukraine’s Ministry of Temporarily Occupied Territories.
- The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), the UN’s nuclear watchdog, confirmed on Friday evening that the country’s four nuclear power plants – Rivne, Pivdennukrainsk, Khmelnytsky and Zaporizhia – have been reconnected to the national electricity grid after completely losing off-site power at the start of the week.
- France and Germany “will support Ukraine until the end of this conflict”said the Prime Minister, Elisabeth BorneFriday in Berlin alongside the German Chancellor, Olaf Scholz.
- Ukraine has decided to boycott the work of the OSCE assembly because the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe has not changed its rules to exclude Russian representation, according to a message posted on Facebook by Ukrainian MP Yevgeniya Kravchuk.
- Russia will ” achieve its goals “ in Ukraine, Vladimir Putin assured Friday, during a meeting organized by the Kremlin with mothers of soldiers and mobilized men. The Russian President said “share the pain” of those who have lost their sons, asking them not to believe the ” lies “ about the military operation.
Find our direct from yesterday by clicking on this link.
Read all our articles, analyzes and reports on the war in Ukraine
Reportage. In Bakhmout, the eyes wide open of drones in the butchery of war
Decryptions. The very supervised meeting of Vladimir Putin with the mothers of mobilized soldiers
Video. The images of mothers and wives of Russian soldiers questioning Vladimir Putin on the fate of their loved ones
Narrative. After nine months of war in Ukraine, Russian forces are on the defensive
Factual. Anti-aircraft protection: the Polish government refuses military aid from Germany
Reportage. Nine months later, Russian missiles only target civilians
Factual. Nine months of war in Ukraine in one map: how much territory did Russia invade and then cede?
Factual. The responses of ” World “ to your most frequently asked questions