- 1 whole chicken
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 and a half teaspoons of kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 3/4 tsp chicken spice
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup (65ml) water
- 1/4 cup (65 ml) dry white wine (or Vermouth)
- Remove the giblets from the chicken cavity.
- Rinse and drain the chicken well.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F (232°C).
- In a bowl, combine the olive oil with the spices and mix well.
- Gently lift the skin off your chicken and generously season the chicken under and on the skin.
- Tie the legs of your chicken with twine.
- Place your chicken in a casserole dish. Place in the preheated oven and immediately reduce the temperature to 375°F (190°C).
- Roast your chicken for the equivalent of 20 minutes per lb or until the breast temperature reaches 180°F (82°C).
- Pour the fat into a small cauldron. Add the white wine and reduce by half over medium high heat.
- In a small bowl, combine water and cornstarch. Shake well.
- Add to sauce and continue to heat until thickened.
- Serve over the chicken.