For the egg rolls:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 lb boneless chicken
- 3 cups (750 mL) shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) grated carrots
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) bean sprouts
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper flakes
- 12 egg roll rollers
- 1 egg, beaten to brown
For the sauce:
- 1/3 cup (85 ml) soy sauce
- 1/4 cup (65 ml) white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large pot, heat a drizzle of olive oil on medium-high. Add garlic, ginger, chicken and cabbage. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes and add the carrots, bean sprouts, shallots, soy sauce, white wine vinegar and cayenne peppers. Mix well and cook until the liquid has evaporated.
- Removed from the fire. The vegetables should still have a little crispiness.
- Place the egg roll wrapper in front of you on a work surface and spoon 3 tablespoons of the chicken mixture into the center.
- Brush the dough well on the corners with the beaten egg and close the egg roll.
- Repeat for all rolls!
- Line a baking sheet with a sheet of parchment paper. Put the egg rolls on the plate.
- Cook for 10 minutes on one side, flip and cook for another 8-10 minutes until crispy.
- Meanwhile, mix all the sauce ingredients together.
- Serve with the small sauce!