- 2 lbs (907 g) boneless chicken breast, cubed
- 1/4 cup (65ml) cornstarch
- 3 lightly beaten eggs
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of flour
- 2 teaspoons from powder to paste
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (125ml) vegetable oil
For the sauce:
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 3 green onions finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125ml) water
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup (65 ml) soy sauce
- 1/2 cup (125ml) chili sauce
- Coat the chicken pieces well in the cornstarch.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, flour, baking powder and salt. Dip the chicken pieces.
- In a saucepan, add the oil and cook the chicken over high heat until no longer pink inside (about 10 minutes).
- Put aside.
- In another pan, add sesame oil, ginger and green onions. Sauté for 3 minutes over medium heat.
- Add water and syrup and heat for 1 minute.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in the soy sauce and chili sauce, then pour into the saucepan.
- Cook for 2 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Add the chicken. To mix together.
- Serve with rice!