- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup (250ml) milk
- 1 lb (450 grams) chicken breasts cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3/4 cup (190 ml) flour
- 3/4 cup (190 ml) breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 inches peanut oil (or canola)
- In your food processor, add breadcrumbs and process until very fine.
- In a large ziplock bag, add the chicken, milk and beaten eggs. Mix well and shake the bag.
- Leave to refrigerate for 15 to 20 minutes.
- In a large pot, fill (about 3 inches) with peanut oil and heat over medium high heat (375°F if using the deep fryer).
- In a bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, flour, powdered sugar, salt, pepper and chili powder. Mix well.
- Dip each piece of chicken in the breadcrumbs and let dry for 2 or 3 minutes.
- Fry in batches of a few bites for 2-3 minutes each and transfer to a baking sheet.
- Do not drain on paper towels, it will steam and soften the bites!