- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional, adjust to taste)
- Mix all ingredients in a small bowl until well combined.
- Store the spice mix in an airtight container away from light and heat.
That’s all ! Now you can use this homemade shawarma spice mix to season your chicken, lamb, vegetables or any other dish you are preparing.
other middle eastern recipes: