Allergy to grass pollen, birch, hazel… does not only affect the nose with hay fever or allergic rhinitis. It also attacks eyes ! At the level of these, pollen allergy manifests in both eyes ” A tearing clearly important, a redness at eye level, pruritus of the inner angle of the eye, lists Julie Roigt, pharmacist.
Allergic conjunctivitis should not be confused with viral conjunctivitis Or bacterial. “In case of viral conjunctivitis, the lacrimation is also clear and abundant, and in the case of bacterial conjunctivitis, the lacrimation is unilateral or bilateral opaque and the eyelids are stuck together on waking”says the pharmacist.
“Eye wash is important to dilute the inflammatory mediator (histamine) and help remove the allergen,” explains Julie Roigt, pharmacist. To clean your eyes, different products can be used.
Here are the pharmacist’s recommendations:
• Physiological serum can be used for the nose as well as for the eyes, for young and old alike!
• A sodium chloride eye drops.
• Borax/boric acid eye drops. “The advantage of this type of product is that it restores the ocular pH”says the pharmacist.
• A product based on witch hazel: witch hazel is a shrub that has a veinotonic action. “It improves the local microcirculation of the eyes, it is antioxidant and decongestant”, says the pharmacist.
These eye wash products should be used liberally. It is advisable to “Make consequent jets using the complete unidose and starting from the outside of the eye inwards”, explains Julie Roigt. Why in this sense? “If you start from the inner corner of the eye outwards, you risk spreading the allergen further, warns the pharmacist. You should also remember to bring a sterile compress in case the product leaks. »
It is better to buy single-dose eye washes only in a bottle. The former are more hygienic because they respect sterility, provided, of course, that the single dose is used at once for both eyes. “Unidoses do not contain preservative unlike the bottle, says the pharmacist. However, preservatives can cause an allergic reaction. »
Eyewash products can be used between one and four times a day.
Eye wash is not enough to treat thePollen allergy located at eye level. It is also necessary to use a eye drops who will calm theirritation eyes and/or eye drops that will reduce the eye swelling.
Eye drops intended to fight against eye irritation are used after ocular washing. “You have to wait between 10 and 15 minutes before instilling them in the eyes so that the active ingredient is well diffused and does not run”warns the pharmacist.
Different eye drops can be used. Here is what the pharmacist recommends.
• Eye drops based on salicylic acid : “it calms inflammation and redness, says Julie Roigt. It is instilled 2 to 4 times a day in the eyes for 15 days. »
• Euphrasia officinalis and povidone eye drops : “it relieves irritation and hydrates the surface of the eye, explains the pharmacist. It is necessary to put 1 to 2 drops per day for 30 to 45 days. »
• Homeoptic complex : it contains euphrasia officinalis, calendula and magnesia carbonata. “This homeopathic eye drop relieves irritation. It is used at the rate of 1 to 2 drops in each eye, 2 to 6 times a day », advises the pharmacist. It can be used from the age of one year.
Good to know : “without improvement of symptoms after 3 to 5 days, it is essential to consult a doctorwarns the pharmacist. In case of pain, modified sight, photophobia, an emergency medical consultation is also necessary. »
Some herbs can be used to fight ocular inflammation or swollen eyes due to pollen allergy.
• chamomile : “In 200 ml of hot water, infuse for 10 minutes either a sachet of chamomile or a teaspoon of dried flowers. Filter. Let cool. Soak a sterile compress in the infusion and place one on each eyelid for 10 to 15 minutes 1 to 4 times a day.recommends the pharmacist.
• The cucumber : “a washer on each eyelid also helps to decongest and moisturize”explains Julie Roigt.
Also think about masks of cryotherapy to use 10 to 15 minutes several times a day to depuff the eyes.
And finally, you can also use a specific eye drop.
• Eye drops made from lanceolate plantain: “it soothes and decongestsspecifies the pharmacist, and is used at the rate of 1 to 2 drops 2 to 4 times a day. »
Some antihistamine eye drops are available without a prescription. They allow the eviction of the allergen and the treatment of allergic conjunctivitis. It is preferable to choose them in single doses.
• Sodium cromoglycate eye drops
• Eye drops based on acetyl glutamic acid
“These two eye drops are to be used at the rate of one drop in each eye, 1 to 6 times a day”advises the pharmacist.
• Levocabastine eye drops : “This type of eye drops is very effective during the crisis. It is used at the rate of 2 drops twice a day, from the age of 30 months »says the pharmacist.
These different types of eye drops (against irritation, to deflate or antihistamine) can be used one after the other, on one condition: “you have to wait 10 to 15 minutes between each instillation of eye drops”says the pharmacist.
Welcome » Sauces » Vinaigrette » Sweet and Spicy Mango Vinaigrette Ingredients : 1 mango,…
Welcome » Sauces » Marinade » Mexican marinade for chicken Ingredients : 3 tablespoons minced…
there is no ideal weight strictly speaking: this notion is very subjective. If you want…
"Medicines are not ordinary products, do not take them lightly." With this slogan, the National…
This is information that has gone unnoticed, and yet deserves attention. On the occasion of…
A pimple on the tongue (red, white vesicle) is a symptom that is generally not…