For the dumplings:
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 22 crushed soda crackers
- 1/3 cup (85 ml) onion
- 1/2 cup (125ml) milk
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
For the buffalo and honey sauce:
- 1/4 cup (65 mL) Red Hot Sauce
- 1/4 cup (65 ml) honey
- 1/4 cup (65 ml) canned apricot
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 and a half tablespoons cornstarch
- Preheat the oven to 450°F (230°C). There is a small part of the recipe in the oven, the rest in the slow cooker!
- Prepare a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a large bowl, place the eggs and beat lightly. Then add all the ingredients for the meatballs and mix well.
- Make nice spherical meatballs and place them on the aluminum foil.
- Cook for 8 minutes or until meatballs are lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, place all the ingredients for the sauce in a bowl and mix.
- Cover the bottom of your slow cooker with meatballs. Add a layer of sauce. Add another dumpling and pour the rest of the sauce.
- Cook on LOW for 2 hours in slow cooker.
- Halfway through cooking, stir lightly with a wooden spoon and add a little RedHot sauce if needed.