- 1/4 cup coconut oil (liquid)
- 1/4 cup (65 ml) cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Grease an 8 x 8 Pyrex dish well with coconut oil.
- In a bowl, combine the coconut flour and salt. Add the maple syrup and mix well. Add the coconut oil (at room temperature) and mix until it forms a large ball of homogeneous dough.
- Press the dough into the bottom of the Pyrex dish so that it is well compacted.
- Bake for 10 minutes until lightly browned on the sides. Let cool completely.
- In a small pot, combine all the ingredients for the caramel layer and heat over medium high heat until the texture is smooth. Pour over the crust and let cool in the refrigerator before making the chocolate layer.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients for the chocolate layer. Pour over the caramel layer and flatten well with a spatula.
- Chill in the refrigerator.
- Cut into 16 pieces.
- Store in an airtight container!