- 1.5 lb (0.68 kg) russet potatoes, washed, scrubbed and cut into rounds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon of thyme
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup (250 mL) grated cheddar cheese
- 5 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Tomato salsa (Pico de Gallo)
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 450°F (232°C).
- Add the sliced potatoes to a large bowl.
- Pour the olive oil and add the spices and herbs. Mix well.
- Spread the potatoes on a baking sheet that is lined with a sheet of parchment paper.
- Bake for 20 minutes, flip and then bake for another 20 minutes.
- Add cheese and bacon. Cook for another 4 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Transfer to a serving plate, with sour cream in the center, a little salsa, green onions and cilantro!